Imaginative Hope is a report from key leaders across our country that are engaged in reaching the next generation with the Gospel. The report identifies seven major obstacles and five major opportunities in reaching younger generations with the Gospel. In conclusion, the report challenges YOU and YOUR CHURCH with three bold action steps so you can be a part of reaching and engaging the next generation.
Over the next few weeks, we are allowing the imaginative hope blogs to take over this blog because it is so key to joining God in our neighbourhoods. We MUST show, tell and engage the next generation with the Gospel in our neighbourhoods! It is our responsibility, privilege and future. We (Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada) are contributors to these blogs along with our friends at Canadian Baptist Ministries, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, Canadian Baptists of Western Canada and the Union d’Églises Baptistes Francophones du Canada.
If you subscribe to receive our oneneighbourhood blog via email, you’ll still be receiving Imaginative Hope blogs automatically over the next number of weeks.
The imaginative hope blogs can be found at: https://www.imaginativehope.ca/blog/
We’ll be posting new blogs every Thursday as we dig deeper into the obstacles, opportunities and action steps in reaching the next generation. Join us!
Here’s the sneak peek of the topics
7 Major Obstacles:
1. We, as Canadian Baptists, have neglected our own spiritual health and wellness.
2. We have created church structures that hinder needed change.
3. We have not engaged well in the significant issues of our time.
4. We have not effectively fostered intergenerational relationships.
5. We have embraced a discipleship that is failing our young people.
6. We have underestimated the transformative power of God.
7. We have embraced a culture of consumerism in our churches.
Each of these can be overcome! Join the conversation on the coming blogs.
5 Major Opportunities:
1. This generation values Kingdom thinking rather than empire building.
2. This generation longs for caring adults in their lives.
3. This generation is capable of leading.
4. This generation is open to spirituality.
5. This generation is globally connected.
3 Actions Steps for the Church:
1. Let them lead
2. Engage culture
3. Give intentional focus to children and youth now
You can download the full Imaginative Hope report at https://www.imaginativehope.ca/
The blogs will dig in even deeper to the report.
I am looking forward to the conversations we’ll have together on the blog! Join us and add your comments.